This is the blog of a family dog named Abby in Upstate New York, who writes (in her own words)about her everyday life.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Now Here's Abby with the....News? There is None.




Hello, I'm Abby, and I'm here to bring you THE LATEST news update:

.....Ok, what do I say now? Obviously it's a good thing I'm not a reporter because A)my company would make no green paper that humans like so much because B)I am the most boring dog in the world. Yes, I admit it, I'm struggling to find things to post about....I've got to tell my editor to think of the most interesting subjects about me....oh, wait, there is nothing interesting left, I've covered all 3: Sleeping, Eating, walking...Ok, so I'm blabbering a little. I'll start talking about the pictures now.

Well, the first few pictures of me are just pictures my human sis (AKA, Mrs. Editor, and now also assuming the role of Photographer) is FORCING me to post. Why? Because I look just B-E-A-UTIFUL in them....so that wasn't very modest, I realize this. Not modest at all...oh well. Anyway, the biggest reason is that for once she was the one to take the pictures of me, and they actually turned out really nice-she thinks so anyway-so she wants to share them. Her secret? Put the camera on the floor facing me and hit the button. That way they aren't shaky and you see me from my level.

The third picture is of a feline. A boy feline. A feline that lives in the barn. A feline named Gronemeyer, as seen on my sister's blog. Yes, this is Gronemeyer. What is so great about him? Well, first of all, Gronemeyer is a famous singer in Germany-oh, wait, cats can't sing. Right, I'm talking about Herbert Gronemeyer, the singer...OUR Gronemeyer is a cat. Why is he on MY dog blog? Because he happens to be my favorite subject lately, besides cat food that I'm not supposed to eat, and the horse's manure pile(which I'm also not supposed to eat). You see, he keeps teasing me. Just today I came out of the house, ready to do some exploring with my human sis, and who do I see peeking out from underneath our porch steps? Mr. Gronemeyer. So he started a game: As soon as I got nose-to-nose with him, he raced back under the stairs. I got the oh-so-fun job of standing there and feeling humiliated by the fact that the CAT tricked me. And every time he DOES let me chase him, he climbs up a tree, and then meows really *cough, choke, gasp* cutely(I don't think that's a word...I really mean cute) and makes ME look like THE MOST TERRIBLE DOG IN THE WORLD in front of my sister. Let's just say I get yelled at, sent in the house, and the cat gets 'rescued'(he got up, I'm pretty sure he can get down) from the tree by my human sis. Very nice, huh? No offense all you cats out there, but I'm totally not fond of your species.
So, that's what's going on in my life right now. How about you doggies?
Have a great time until my next post!

12 comments:

i said...

Hi Abby, just sniffing over from Mack's to say hello! That's a nice pose of you there!

Pippa said...

Hello Abby

Thank you for coming to visit. I think those photos of you are very nice. I love any sort of GSD combinations because my first friend here was a GSD and I was very fond of him. I do not think you are boring.

Pippa

Amber-Mae said...

Hi there Abby! Mack told me about you so I thought I'd just drop by & say hello to you! HELLO! Nice to meet cha! Who's that kitty? I love kitties!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mack said...

I'm not fond of cats either. AT ALL!

Gudl said...

These are very nice photos of you, Abby. I have to say, you have a great , relaxing life!!
And Gronemeyer...he is cute, you have to admit that.

BenTheRotti said...

Great Photos Cutie!!

Love n Licks

Ben xxxxxx

JO said...

HI Abby! What a Great Idea your sister had by taking the pictures with the camera on the floor with you... the shots came out stunning - I love them - glad you are having fun with your kitty.

cookie said...

Abby,
You are totally cute in those pictures. Mom is impressed how sharp and clear they are.

Our kittys get us in trouble all the time too. All we want to do is play, and we get yelled at.

We love your posts, they aren't boring at all.

Cookie and crew

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures!

The Zoo Crew said...

Hi Abby---found our way here from another blog (Cookies', I think) and thought we'd say hello. You're sure a beautiful gal!!

Peace + Paws,

The Zoo Crew

Abby said...

Hey, pups! Sorry I haven't posted! GOSH, I've made so many new friends lately! It always takes me time to visit your blogs, sorry about that! I promise I'll post soon, sometime this weekend, I'm sure.
Nice to meet you all! Hey, Zoo Crew, thanks for stoppin' by! Do you have a blog?

Wanda said...

What adorable pictures of you Abby!! Molly is sorry she's been very lazy about check out your post!!! She just lays on the couch and looks out the window ~~ watching for the school children to walk by!

LOL Woof!